Google Website Translator Gadget

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Juan Erick´s presentation and imbeding youtube clips in your presentations

Today I learned how to embed youtube videos into slideshare.net presentations.

Juan Erick sent me his HeavyMetal music presentation via gmail. After uploading it to my slideshare account (also gringocometacos), I saw the option for inserting youtube videos between slides.

I followed the link to embed video and it's very easy. First you need the URL of the video you wish to insert. I performed a search for the three videos he showed during his presentation in class.

The System of the Down video he showed in class was not available due to copyright restrictions but I found the same song in a mp3 version (without video) and chose that one to insert after the SoAD slides.

Next I had to find the Rammstein video. I found the same video which he showed in class right away. I just copied and pasted the URL of the video, clicked to show it after slide number 11 and it was ready.

The third and final video was the most complicated. I copied and pasted the youtube URL of the video but it didn't work because the youtube video had the embed option disabled. That option is set by the person who submits the video so it cannot be bypassed.

Make sure to check if the video has the embed option enabled on the youtube site or it may not work. The only version of the song available for embedding was a video of a live performance. I copied and pasted that URL to be inserted in the presentation and Voila!

Check out this SlideShare Presentation by Juan Erick with additonal embedded youtube:

No comments:

Post a Comment