Google Website Translator Gadget

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Level 6 UNPA English - Learn how to apply and interview for a Job. pt 1

One of the most difficult challenges I face at the UNPA is preparing what I am going to teach with only a Course Outline as a reference.

One of the advantages of this process is that I have a lot of freedom in preparing the lesson plans.

Just to share with you, I'll post the outline here.  This unit is titled "Challenges and Accomplishments"


Challenges;  Hmm...  How can we talk about challenges in class?  For me, a challenge is anything that is difficult to do.  Challenges must also be overcome because they stand in our way.  Sometimes, we can gain a sense of satisfaction for successfully dealing with challenges.


Accomplishments;  Accomplishments to me are things that we have done.  Usually they require time, dedication, and hard work.  Once complete, we can talk about what we have done as an "accomplishment".

Finishing a degree, raising children, starting a successful business, etc are all examples of accomplishments.



Goals;  Goals are what we plan to accomplish in the future.  Do you have anything that you would like to improve on in the future?  That could be a goal.  Some people like to establish goals and work towards them over time.  The most successful people have goals and reflect on the progress they are making.  Usually well define goals work best.

For example, if my goal is to "Lose Weight", a good goal for me would "Stop drinking beer on weekdays" and "Go for a walk every evening."  If I did both of those two things, I would likely accomplish my goal of losing weight.

Questions about Goals, Accomplishments, and Challenges (ideas for blog reflections and discussion):
What goals do you have for your personal life?  What about your career goals?  What smaller goals will you set to help you accomplish those larger goals?

What challenges do you face in your pursuit of an UNPA degree?  How do you overcome these challenges?

What have you done that you are proud of? Tell me about your accomplishments in life.





Want to try some games to practice this grammar?  Try the Interchange Arcade!

No comments:

Post a Comment