Google Website Translator Gadget

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Today I made a table

Today I made a table. No, I'm not learning carpentry. I learned how to make a table with HTML on Blogger.

When I checked out my Blogger this morning, I saw that there were some new entries and comments on 2computacion.blogspot.com the Level 2 English Class Blog. When I went to see the new entries on the Blog, they weren't there.

I have learned that if I get a notification of a new entry but on the blog there isn't anything new it's because the student has saved the entry as a draft or deleted it. Because all students have author privileges but I'm the "owner", I can see what drafts students have been working on. I can even publish drafts, edit entries, or completely delete them.

As a side note, one thing that is important to me is that students retain ownership of their blogs they are using for ePortfolios. I can't directly edit or change their entries on their blogs. It's up to the students to take what I leave in the comment box and revise/improve their published works.

When I saw in the draft box an entry which contained
Possessive
Adjectives Pronouns

singular plural singular plural
1st My----->our 1st mine---->ours
2nd Your-->your 2nd Yours--->yours
His--->their His------>theirs
3rd Her---->their 3rd Her----->theirs

I saw the need to format this information in a way which is a little easier to understand.

Blogger doesn't have an option (at least from what I could find) to insert a table but it does have an HTML editing option. I did a Google Search and found this great book by Andy Harris and Chris McCulloh on Amazon.com  HTML, XHTML, and CSS All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies.

I followed the easy steps and made this
SingularPlural
myour
youryour
his, her, itstheir


in TextEdit.

I copy and pasted the HTML into the student saved draft HTML editor. I copy and pasted and edited it a few times, introducing more columns and rows, until finally something which looks like this

Possessive AdjectivesUNPA English
1stmyour
2ndyouryour
3rdhis, her, itstheir
PersonSingularPlural

and

PossessivePronounsUNPA English
1stmineours
2ndyoursyours
3rdhis, hers, itstheirs
PersonSingularPlural


I'm happy it turned OK. It was fun to experiment with some very basic HTML editing on Blogger.
You can see the full student entry on the 2Computacion Class Blog here.

 

2 comments:

  1. oooh!!! muy bien Eric!!! Felicidades!!!!

    HTML, is easy...!!!!

    Publicare en mi blogger, las actividades que realizo en mi nuevo grupo...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for not responding sooner! Thanks very much, Nahir!

    I'll take a look at your blog once you get it updated!

    Thank you for the comment!

    ReplyDelete